Alchemy & Lace

3.27.2010

First Post


So I'm not great at blogging, but I'll try it out for a while. I have tons of inspirational work to share, and I will also be posting new work of mine as well!

A little about myself: I am a dreamer, and have unrealistic life goals that I am determined will come to be eventually. But I've seen some people do crazy shit with their lives, the good crazy shit, so I think it's possible for me to attain my dreams of living off of my art/creations:

Hypnotic Dreams, Mixed Media on Photograph, 15x15, 2007


For now I am the sole-employee of a crazy-talented photographer, and have been for the last three years. I interned with him, and it turned into a full-time job after college. I prepare his prints for signing by pressing, spotting, & stamping them, develop his film & make contact sheets, set up lighting & assist on shoots, but it's mostly a lot of office work & turning around digital prints/cds for clients. We recently just finished the last of the scans for a book he's publishing with Aperture & Maarten Schilt called One Block, which is a humanistic view of one block recovering from the flood in New Orleans. He had just started the project when I started work with him, so it's been awesome seeing a book from start to finish. And having such a big hand it: color correcting images, organizing, creating suggested spreads (a few of mine made it in!), spending hours transcribing quotes, etc. Getting to know the people on this block (without actually meeting them) and hearing their stories has been one of my favorite parts to this. I did actually make the trip to the block last November and stayed with a couple I 'knew', Lisa & Markus. We even went barhopping with Lisa. Our last night, we went to the Emilie Autumn concert: pretty girls in burlesque costume, electric violin, & earthshattering voice = best show I've ever seen. Anyhow, there I go on a tangent...One Block comes out this summer.

I live with my fiance, who's a total nerd, but I wouldn't have him any other way. We have a beautiful white wolf princess who is more like a child than an animal.

Little facts about me:

*Socially awkward to an extreme. Paranoid. Neurotic.
*I don't get along well with many girls, they make me act all weird...
*LOVE horror movies, foreign films, & video games!
*I cook a lot, and love to experiment with exotic foods. Right now I'm on an Indian food kick.
*I just planted an herb garden!
*I collect junk and am a pack-rat. It's hereditary.
*I'm really clumsy. I hurt myself & knock things over on a daily basis.
*I make my dog's food, and have been for almost a year now.
*I paint, draw, & take pretty pictures of pretty girls!
*I sew & make odd little things for my photo shoots.

No comments:

Post a Comment